As a way of ensuring sustainability of projects, Community Energy Malawi conducted capacity building trainings in its 12 partnering Community Based Organiations (CBOs). The 12 CBOs are; Chiwinzi CBO in Ntchisi, Mnzona CBO in Dowa, Lipenga CBO in Lilongwe, Kuntiyani CBO in Balaka, Umodzi CBO in Machinga, Longwe CBO in Phalombe, Chididi CBO in Neno, Chibothera CBO in Nkhotakota, Fwasani CBO in Mzimba, Ndife amodzi CBO in Likoma, Maukako CBO in Chitipa and Namikango CBO in Nsanje. The major topics of the training were; General CBO Management, Community Energy Planning, PV Operation and Maintenance, Financial/Business Management and Efficient Cookstove Operation and Maintenance. The trainings targeted 20 people from each CBO in consideration of gender. In general, the trainings were successful and the participants reported that they will put the gained knowledge to use.
- TO RAISE AWARENESS OF THE POTENTIAL OF RENEWABLE ENERGY TO ADDRESS COMMUNITY NEEDS
- TO BUILD KNOWLEDGE, CAPACITY AND CONFIDENCE IN COMMUNITIES ON THE DEVELOPMENT, INSTALLATION AND MANAGEMENT OF RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS
- TO IDENTIFY, ACQUIRE AND ENABLE COMMUNITIES ACCESS FUNDS FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMMUNITY ENERGY DEVELOPMENT
- TO CREATE AND FACILITATE A MUTUALLY SUPPORTIVE NETWORK OF COMMUNITY GROUP MEMBERS
- TO REPRESENT MEMBERS IN MAKING THE CASE FOR THE CREATION OF A SUPPORTIVE POLICY AND REGULATORY FRAMEWORK IN THE ENERGY SECTOR